Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Customer Assistance: 1-800-613-6743

Get Answers to Your Banking Questions

What happens to my complaint if I file it with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and it is really an issue under the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)’s jurisdiction?

If the OCC determines that your issue falls under the CFPB’s regulatory authority, your complaint will be forwarded to the CFPB and you will receive a letter notifying you of the referral.

Please note: The terms "bank" and "banks" used in these answers generally refer to national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches or agencies of foreign banking organizations that are regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Find out if the OCC regulates your bank. Information provided on should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion of the OCC.

Still need help?

Contact Us