Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Customer Assistance: 1-800-613-6743

Get Answers to Your Banking Questions

How do I file a written complaint against a national bank or federal savings association?

Visit the File a Complaint page to learn about the types of complaints we handle and how the process works. If you are already familiar with the complaint process, you may go directly to the Online Customer Complaint Form or fax or mail a letter to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) Customer Assistance Group.

If you have questions about the complaint process, use of the complaint form, or what to include in your letter, please call the OCC Customer Assistance Group at (800) 613-6743.

Last Reviewed: April 2021

Please note: The terms "bank" and "banks" used in these answers generally refer to national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches or agencies of foreign banking organizations that are regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Find out if the OCC regulates your bank. Information provided on should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion of the OCC.

Still need help?

Contact Us