Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Customer Assistance: 1-800-613-6743

Get Answers to Your Banking Questions

I was receiving my monthly credit card statement, but now I am not. What can I do?

Contact the credit card company to find out why you are not receiving your monthly statements. You should also file a billing error notice—in writing—with the credit card company. Send this to the address specified after "Send Billing Inquiries to:" on your latest statement. This address is usually different from where you send your payment.

File your written billing error notice within 60 days of the date you should have received your statement and continue to make your monthly payments as usual. If you wait for your statements to arrive before making your payments, you could incur late fees or interest charges.

Please note that the credit card company is not required to send you a periodic statement in certain cases, including

  • if your balance is less than $1, or
  • if the credit card company has begun delinquency collection proceedings against you.

Also note that if you have previously consented to receive account disclosures electronically you would not also receive them by mail. Contact the credit card company if you wish to withdraw your consent.

Review your account agreement for policies specific to your credit card company and your account.

Last Reviewed: April 2021

Please note: The terms "bank" and "banks" used in these answers generally refer to national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches or agencies of foreign banking organizations that are regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Find out if the OCC regulates your bank. Information provided on should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion of the OCC.

Still need help?

Contact Us